Light Rigid vehicles include:
- Small trucks with a gross vehicle mass (GVM) up to 8 tonnes.
- Any towed trailer must not weigh more than 9 tonnes GVM
- Buses that seat more than 12 adults including the driver and a GVM up to 8 tonnes
To apply for an LR licence, you must:
- Have held a class C licence, (except a Learner licence) or equivalent for one year or more.
- Any time you've spent on a P1 licence counts, but you can't practice to drive an LR vehicle, or upgrade to an LR licence until you hold a P2 or full class C licence
- Pass the LR knowledge test
- Pass an eyesight test